Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ok... here goes!

So today I have started a juicing fast that I am hoping to maintain for the next two weeks.  I got the inspiration from watching, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, a documentary focused on two men who choose to make a radical decision about their health.  Both of these men were overweight and sick due to their extreme unhealthiness of constantly eating out.. just like me!  I went out and bought a juicer a few days ago and started following the plan from the website.  This morning I made a large pitcher of juice throwing together all the left over fruits and veggies I had in the house.  I tossed in some kale, grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, a cucumber and pineapple.  Oh, and a tomato!  It made enough to last me for the day, and tasted amazing!  I have been trying to drink a lot of water which is always a challenge for me.  So far I feel pretty good, but I am definitely getting hungry.  I just drank another glass of juice and hope that helps.

I decided to challenge myself to this fast for a few different reasons.  One, I certainly do not eat enough fruits and vegetables and thought, what an interesting way to incorporate more into my diet.  Two, I just came off of a month of vacation and eating out and was feeling pretty crappy about my self image.  Three, I have the time right now to try this.  It is summer and I am off of work, so why not?  I am interested to push myself and try something out of my element.  I love to eat out, it's my favorite way to socialize and my bank has really noticed lately!  This will force me to stay in, eat healthy, quit drinking alcohol and hopefully kick off some serious weight loss.  I am brand new to this blog thing so I still need to figure out how to post pictures, but once I do I will put up my recipes daily.

You can check out the website here http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ or watch the video on Netflix on demand.

Day One - 197.9 pounds... UGH I really hope that number goes down

All this plus a little more fruit and a tomato went it..

This is what came out... the fruit and veggie juice seemed to separate from each other!

All mixed up!  Enough for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment