Friday, July 22, 2011

Day Six - Best day yet!

I woke up this morning on my sixth day feeling good and ready to hit the grocery store.  I had some of the nasty juice left over from yesterday that I forced myself to drink for breakfast.  It wasn't as bad this morning, maybe because I knew what to expect, maybe because it had sat over night which means it loses some of it's nutrients, or maybe because I chugged it in about one minute flat.  I sat down and made out a grocery list for the next few days.  I spent just over $50 and got all the goodies below.  I got apples, limes, lemons, kale, spinach, cucumbers, celery, carrots, romaine, onions, garlic, tomatoes, corn, a jalapeno, and some cilantro.  I tried to buy mostly organic stuff but it's not all organic.  

Grocery trip gone wild
I have been making my own recipes up this week and I figured today I would try the official "mean green" that Joe Cross did for 60 days while he was fasting.  It consists of 6 kale leaves, 2 green apples, 1/2 a lemon, a cucumber, 4 pieces of celery and 1 inch of ginger root.  I decided to be brave and try the ginger again, even though I hated it so much yesterday.  I thought, if Joe drank this for 60 days I am pretty sure I can drink one glass.  The lemon must knock out the ginger because it tasted so much better! The lemon made it more fresh and it was very filling.  All this made about 32 ounces, which is 2 drinks for me.  I drink three or four 16-20 ounce glasses a day.  It depends on if I am eating a meal that day.

The mean green drink machine
 I read on someone's blog yesterday that you can line your pulp cup with a plastic bag to make clean up easier today.  I decided to try that and it sure works, great idea!!

Ginger root... soooooo gross, smells gross, tastes gross, just gross.  It even looks gross!

Lunch and dinner
 For an afternoon snack I made a small spinach salad with an avocado and pico de gallo that I made this morning.  I have never made it and it was delicious!  I used a tomato, half an onion, a clove of garlic, cilantro, a jalapeno, and half of a lime's juice.  I learned that fresh jalapenos are much more powerful than the ones that come in a jar!  But the salad was very refreshing and so good.  Avocados are one of my favorite foods, I could eat 10 at a time, I love them on salads!
My fresh made pico de gallo.  I made it this morning and had it on a salad for lunch.  Hot and spicy!

Five pounds of fresh blueberries from Michigan, for only $9.99.  When I was a kid we used to go and pick these by the carton.  Yumm.  I froze most of them, and will juice probably a pound in the next few days.
That's about it for day 6.  No headaches, not too hungry, lots of energy, I feel great.  I am going out to meet some friends for the rest of the evening so I thought I would blog now.  I am taking my juice with me for dinner.  =)  I am happy to hear different people are reading this, I hope that maybe it inspires you to try the challenge too!

Day Six - 191.4 Pounds
Total Weight Loss - 6.5 Pounds

I woke up this morning and got on the scale only to realize I had gained .5 of a pound.  I wasn't too surprised by this because I felt really bloated yesterday and this morning, actually I still do.  The first 5 days my body was feeling tighter and my tummy was feeling super flat.  Today I feel like I have a food baby.  I was a little discouraged but got over that pretty quick.  I need to go work out, I was just nervous to go the first few days.  I know I am barely eating any calories so I didn't want working out to wipe me out.  Well that's it for today, happy juicing friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment