Monday, July 18, 2011

Day Two

Alright, about halfway through day two of this fast and I am feeling great!  I had some trouble sleeping last night but I pretty much always have trouble sleeping so I guess that's nothing new.  I woke up this morning feeling good thinking about what I would like to make.  There are tons of recipes on the http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ website but I am having fun just making up my own.  I was craving a V8 type juice so I went into the kitchen to see what I could pull together.  Last night I went to the grocery to pick up some essentials.  I spent $19 and this is what I got. Some bananas too but I forgot to include those in the picture.
Only $19 for all this.. not too shabby!
Anyway.. since I was craving the V8 type juice I decided to throw together some carrots, a cucumber, 2 tomatoes, an apple and celery.  

What goes in...

Must come out!

( I really miss that Kona coffee in the background.. fresh last week from Hawaii that I cannot drink right now )

 I was happy to see a different color juice other than green because all day yesterday all I saw was green!  Actually I made a few juices previous days testing them out and they were all green too.  Ha.. I added the banana thinking I would need it to be more full, but it is STILL sitting on the counter.  It's crazy, as long as I keep drinking water or another glass of juice I am not hungry at all.  In fact for lunch I met up with one of my great friends Gina, at When Eddie Met Salad, a make your own salad bar and I thought about not even eating!  I decided to make a small salad with spinach, corn, avocados, jalapenos, broccoli and pico.  I topped it off with an avocado dressing (which might have been a little cheating) and some water and I was totally satisfied!


For dinner I am having some leftover juice from yesterday, I made so much in that pitcher I couldn't drink it all!  I have enough left for another glass, maybe even a glass and a half.  Also, I still have that banana!  =)  

I weigh myself each morning and was pleasantly surprised this morning that I had lost 3.2 pounds since yesterday!  If this keeps up then I will for sure be happy!  So far so good, no headaches or anything and it is a blazing hot day here today too.  Happy Juicing!!

Day Two - 194.7 Pounds
Total Weight Loss - 3.2 Pounds


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i asked what type of juicer you bought but i figured it out in the day 3 post. one little tip is, with power juicers such as yours, it is recommended that you drink the juice within the first few hours because unlike the slow auger juicers the nutrients tend to start dying off after the initial few hours. so fridging it over night isn't the best for the juice, it is still good you are just missing out on a lot of the juices good stuff.

    ReplyDelete