Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day Four - Not so hot


Ugh today has not been a fun day for me.  I woke up this morning late for my meeting and was scrambling around to throw food in the juicer for the day.  Since I was rushing I probably threw too big of a handful of carrots into the juicer and then jabbed the pusher down to make it go faster.  Do you think it went faster?  No, in fact it overheated and turned itself off.  Awesome.  So I had about 3 carrots, some celery,  strawberries and broccoli in there which was not enough for a day's worth of food.  Oh and by the way, there's no juice in broccoli!!  I put a bunch in and would have been much better off steaming it or something instead.  Oh well, this is a learning process right?!  I didn't get to drop in the apples from this bowl, or the rest of the carrots, but the picture below shows what I intended to juice this morning!  I ended up having enough for one tall glass, about 20 ounces and then about 10 more left over for lunch.  I mixed that part with water and ice so it was a little diluted but eh.  



So I came home from my meeting this afternoon and made some more juice with strawberries, mangoes, carrots and celery.  I forgot to take a picture of that but you can probably imagine.  =)  I decided to watch the documentary again for motivation but halfway through I got a blazing headache.  I drank a bunch of water but it didn't seem to help.  I was probably already dehydrated, we had another over 100 degree day here today with heat index, so I think it was too late.  I ended up having to take a nap because I could barely think it hurt so badly.  I woke up a few hours ago, had some more juice and water and now I feel great.  So, I now understand the headaches I read about!  NOT FUN!

On a plus side, last month I signed up for this organic delivery service of local fresh fruits and vegetables.  The service is called Green B.E.A.N Indiana and I get bi weekly delivery for $35.  I am still trying to gauge if it is really a good value, it is certainly convenient and I love the fact that it is all organic and local.  Today in my bin I got ginger root, kale, rainbow chard ( I don't even know what that is, some kind of leafy green) strawberries, blueberries, celery, broccoli, peaches, and tomatoes.  What do you think?  Good deal, or too expensive for what it is?  I am looking forward to tomorrow being a better day, I have lunch plans at Eddie Met Salad with two teachers I haven't seen all summer, always a plus!  I have decided that is the only restaurant I am comfortable eating at, so if you want to take me out to lunch in the next 11 days... guess what, that's where we are going!!

Happy Juicing!!

Day Four - 191.9 Pounds
Total Weight Loss - 6 Pounds

3 comments:

  1. the slow augers do better with leafy greens like broccoli, wheat grass, basil or parsley etc, the power juicers will barely get any juice, but the omega juicers and other slow auger juicers work well for those. but are much more expensive 3-5x more

    ReplyDelete
  2. and let me know how the greenbean service is, i have heard about it and seen the trucks go by in my neighborhood. how many veggies of each do you get. and you said it was every 2 weeks for 35 a month??

    ReplyDelete