Sunday, July 31, 2011

The End

Well, I am officially done with the fast, I did fourteen days of juicing and raw freggies (thanks Alex for the term) with the occasional pizza or taco!  =)  The last few days my parents have been in town and there has been lots of visiting with family.. aka restaurants.  On Friday, day thirteen, I made the sunset blend recipe off the website.  It called for a sweet potato, oranges, apples, carrots, a beet, and a red pepper.  I don't like red peppers or beets but for some reason I thought this bad boy sounded good anyway.  It was flavorful, just mostly tasted like red peppers.

Sunset Blend
It made a ton of juice, and I realized all my cups were in the dishwasher... so I brought out my fun Pimpin cup that my friend Lisa got Will last year for graduation. 

Big Pimpin with the juice


That cup was a little too large for drinking
 Both of my neighbors on either side have decided to garden this year, which is awesome, I am jealous of them.  I don't talk to either of my neighbors, but I really want to ask them if I could have leftovers!  One family spends a ton of time watering, pruning and loving their garden.  I haven't seen the other family out in their garden once.  Can you tell which is which???

Neighbor #1

Neighbor #2
 My friend Patrick came over with his two kiddos for a bike ride and his son Gabe saw me drinking my juice.  He asked if he could try and I said sure!  He took a sip and looked up and me smiling stating that he thought the juice tasted like lemonade.  I asked him if he wanted any more and he said.. umm no thank you.  Haha, it did NOT taste like lemonade.  

It tastes like lemonade!  
 My parents showed up a little bit after our ride and wanted to see the juicing in action.  My dad doesn't eat veggies so I knew I need to make a fruit juice in order to have him enjoy it.  They brought some fresh peaches from South Carolina which I combined with kiwi, blackberries, strawberries and oranges.  It was absolutely amazing!!  Definitely the best juice I have made yet.  It was more like a smoothie.  Very thick and delicious.  



Friday night we went out to dinner at a place called Squealers.  I'm sure from the name you can only imagine it was a bar-b-que pork place.  The smell alone made me want to chow down.  I ordered a salad with lots of veggies.  It was good but surely not as good as everything else at the table.  Saturday I decided to make my last day on the fast.  I made a mean green in the morning and had a salad for dinner.  I drank beer that night.. eek!  It was delicious too!!  

Today, Sunday, was my first day without juice.  I met up with family for lunch and had another salad.  It had chicken on it which I could not force myself to eat.  I tried.. just couldn't do it.  Meat does not interest me at all right now.  I also couldn't even finish half the salad so I know my tummy has shrunk away.  All in all the juicing fast was great, I am glad I did it.  My long term goal is to continue to juice at least one meal a day, possibly even two.  I plan to do a 10-day reboot every 6 months, summer and winter.  The next one I do is going to really be a full 10-day of juice only.  I was kind of disappointed that I didn't do that this time, but no beating myself up about anything.  No regrets!!

Thanks for reading my blog, I will update if anything exciting happens!!

Day Fourteen - 188.2 Pounds
Total Weight Loss - 9.7 Pounds

18 comments:

  1. Great job mary!!!!!!! I wish there were more people that cared about their health and wellness as much as you do. You did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I recently started a juicing blog. Feel free to check it out and follow if you like what you see.

      http://juiceitupmarly.blogspot.com

      Thank you for your time!
      Marly.

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering about the cost of juicing? How pricey was this endeavor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey great effort juice fasting. I have done a 7 day juice fast that was amazing. Really had more energy then i thought I would and felt good the whole way through. Buying Organic foods is the pricy part of the challenge. But remember you are cutting out a lot of other foods so all balances out I suppose. Plus what price do you put on your health? Juiceing is an amazing way to get the nutrients you body needs easily and quickly. Get the right juicer always helps. I use the Hurom, brilliant piece of equipment. Anyway if anyone want any further info on juicing plus books on it duck across to my website at www.eatwelllookfantastic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juicing is a great way to feel more energetic because modern day food is full of toxins. If you need to find the best juice extractor, check out my website: best juicer reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried the carrot juice???
    Its helps you for weight loss and also being healthy.I had recently read the articles related to juicing just go to..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Choose the most ripe and sweetest apples you can find to make homemade apple juice with. Apples with bruises or blemishes are fine, but cut these parts out before juicing. Try apples, such as Fuji, Gala, and Rome for your juice. Those apples are some of the richest and sweetest tasting available. works best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I'm so impressed with your progress so far! I just ran across a site for discount juicers and I'm going to have to get one and try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love juicers and having a delicious, nutritious, and fresh fruit drink in the morning to help start my day. I love fruit juice and it helps me feeling healthy and happy. I cannot think of a better way to start off my day than with a nice big cup of fresh fruit juice.
    Jak Manson | http://juicersandcoffeemakers.com/ElectronicJuicers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to ur blog I decided to start juicing! Thanks for thr inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always wanted to input juicing into my diet. I was always stand offish because of the price of fresh produce. I am convinced it is for me now.
    Cynthia | http://juicersandcoffeemakers.com/ElectronicJuicers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course, including Juice in our regular diet would be the best option to maintain good health. We all should habituate of having juice on a regular basis. And nowadays you can get Best Juicers in 2015 at affordable rate. So why not include juice of different veg's and fruits into your regular diet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good quality info. Lucky to me I came to your website not on purpose, but now I have bookmarked it.
    juicerfanatics.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taking Juice is a great way to feel more energetic and healthy because modern day food is full of toxins. If you like juicing everyday check our blog for top rated juicer in the market. Top rated juicers review

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing a nice post, looks like good; I will give it a try to utilize in my personal life as well.
    Jen Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great honor for me that I am learning from this awesome blog, THANKS healthy living

    ReplyDelete
  16. A complete new concept for me. Juicing is a great way to feel more energetic. I’m gonna definitely try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Juicing is great for maintaining your health. Juice daily using the best masticating juicer in 2020

    ReplyDelete