Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day Five

Ahhh day 5, the possible ending to this whole fast business, but not for me!  I am still going strong heading towards the whole 15 fast!!  I woke up this morning feeling much better after a not so great day yesterday.  I started juicing away and decided to add ginger root to my juice this morning which is recommended in many recipes.  OMG it was awful!!  I felt like my whole batch of juice was ruined, but I was not about to throw it away.  My roomie Steven came home and encouraged me to just chug it and get it over with.  So.. I did, and yuck, at least it was over!  Here's what I juiced up this morning.

I had a peach, celery, blueberries, a mango, kale, a tomato and about an inch of ginger root

I met some teacher friends for lunch at Eddie Met Salad and had an awesome mix of spinach, romaine, jalapenos, corn, mushrooms, pico de gallo, and avocados.  It was so yummy!  I had a bunch of errands to run before class and didn't want to drive back home so I stopped at Trader Joe's for dinner.  I picked up an apple and banana and then came across this juice in the cooler area.  I thought well that kinda looks like the same green crap I have been juicing all week so I'll give it a try.  I read the back of the label and it is totally organic and 100% juice, so I figured ok!  It actually tasted really good, better then the mean green I brew up and it was only $2.49 for 15 ounces.  Probably turns out to be a better more convenient deal than what I am doing!!  =)

Trader Joe's Juice
Day Five - 190.9 Pounds
Total Weight Loss - 7 Pounds





2 comments:

  1. you should also check out natural born juicers, it is downtown but the do slow juicing and you can try some wheat grass and other greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, naked juices are good, but are pasteurized which takes away a ton of the natural nutrients, and they also tend to add sugar in the 'puree', they aren't bad for you obviously but home juicing with fresh fruits and veggies is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete