Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day Twelve

Day twelve is over and that makes me happy!  I was extremely hungry today and I think it's because I woke up at 6am instead of noon like every other day this week.  Anyway, I woke up this morning I was ready to try my first recipe with a beet.  Now, let me preface by saying I don't like beets.  Never have, probably never will.  BUT tons of recipes on the website call for beets and I know they have lots of benefits so I decided to try.  I was surprised, the beets didn't taste bad.  I think the lemon off set the flavor.  I have come to realize that anytime you add a lemon or lime the juice really pulls that flavor.  This is the V28 recipe off the website. 
V28

Lettuce, celery, a beet, parsley, carrots, tomatoes, and a lemon.  Oh, I added a cucumber at the end because I seem to add cucumbers to everything I make.  They just produce sooo much juice!!
V28 chopped and ready to juice!

Breakfast and lunch
 I was in a meeting from 8-4 so I brought my breakfast and lunch with me.  By the time I got out of my meeting at 4 I was starving.  I had brought an apple because I thought that might be the case and it held me over while I ran some errands.  I came home this evening and made a mean green for dinner.  

Just me and my juice
Tomorrow I am going to try a sunset blend juice off the website and I am really looking forward to it.  It calls for a sweet potato which I happen to find extremely delicious.  We'll see how it is raw and juiced!!

Day Twelve - 188.4 Pounds - stupid pizza
Total Weight Loss - 9.5 Pounds

4 comments:

  1. i put a little bit too much beet in one of my recipes, but it was offset enough by the apple and lemon that it wasn't too bad. I've been putting about a quarter of a beet in every meal to get the good stuff from it without having to taste it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe I am making in the morning calls for 2 beets. There is no way I am putting 2 beets in anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. V8 Juice is one of my favorites. Tastes so much better than the store bought stuff. Visit my site if you're looking for juice extractor recommendations.

    ReplyDelete