Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day Three - Still going strong!

Well I woke up today feeling a little nervous because all the posts and blogs I read said day three is the worst, and here I am on day three!  But I am happy to say I made it through, I was pretty hungry and did have a headache this afternoon but all in all I'm good.  I have had so much energy and have been in a great mood all day, in fact, it's after midnight and I still feel amazing!  This morning I made another V8 kind of drink because the one I made yesterday was so good!  I added kiwis and strawberries today to make a little more and to make it a little sweeter.  It was delicious!!  Here's a picture


I made enough for the day because I knew I had some errands and things to do and wouldn't be home again to juice.  I ended up going to the pool for a few hours in about 100 degree heat today.. which might not have been the smartest move I've ever made.  I tried to keep on with lots of water but definitely got a little dehydrated and sunburnt!  Tonight I had class at Butler and was starving out of my mind by 7pm.  Luckily there had been a presentation and there were veggie trays out.  I loaded up on some radishes, carrots, cauliflower, and tomatoes and felt a lot better.  

I have had a bunch of questions about the juicer I use and how it is to clean, so I took some pics to share.  I bought the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Express in black.  I got it from Kohl's for $129, but then my sister told me she got the same one from Wal-Mart for $99!  So I went back and had it price matched.  They carry this one at Bed Bath Beyond too and you know you have one of those 20% of coupons laying around so I would recommend buying it there.  The juicer comes apart in 4 very easy to clean pieces.  You have the blade, the pulp container, the pusher and the lid.  It takes about 5-10 minutes to clean and can go in the dishwasher.  The craziest thing about this whole juicing is all the PULP leftover. There is so much, the picture below shows the container after juicing my breakfast.  All that is leftover stuff, either gets thrown away or you can put it in a compost, bake it into breads, muffins, pancakes or something else creative.  You can even freeze the pulp.  Here are some photos after I juiced out my drinks for the day, I took it apart in stages to show that too.  


The lid

The pulp container

The blade/filter

Tomorrow is going to be my biggest challenge day.  First of all I have to wake up in about 5.5 hours then attend a workshop from 8-3:30.  Not only will it be my first wake up call before my own body wakes me in the last month, but I will have to juice in the morning for the day.  Kinda nervous but I know it'll be ok.  

Has anyone reading this decided to start juicing too??  The facebook page is a great resource if you are interested in learning more.  Just like, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  I know it's hard to respond to this, sorry about that, I don't know why.. but happy juicing!!

Day Three - 192.6 Pounds
Total Weight Loss - 5.3 Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment